Thursday, July 28, 2011

Do the Math

I owe $45,000.00 to Salliemae servicing and ACS Educational Services for a degree in the Fine Arts (a degree that has 0% guarantee of financial return). I owe $190.00 to GE Money on a credit card that has already doubled in interest and I recently had those glasses knocked off my face and swiped at a 2 Live Crew show. I am owed some favors, tho I am too insecure to call on them. I owe it to myself not to let this shit give me an ulcer. No more than morning coffee on an empty stomach, anyway. My cupboards are empty but for popcorn and nori, because I can't legitimize spending money that I can't afford on food that is too expensive. Especially when I can't see.
The federal government owes trillions. (http://www.usdebtclock.org/). To who or what is unsure. China? The lizard people? the Federal Reserve? Same difference anyway, I suppose. The more I watch politics and listen to the news, everything seems to resemble more and more the set-up of a film based on a post-apocalyptic graphic novel series that is loosely based on Aldus Huxley's Brave New World, with a contemporary twist.


Do the math

No comments:

Post a Comment